is named after the builder Norum who built the house over a period of two
years, from 1925-1927. Norum was also the builder of Narvik Church and stone
from the church was used in the foundations of the house. Planks from
scaffolding of the church were used to make the walls. Even today, the original
features of the house have been lovingly maintained. For this reason the house
has won award for "Best Restouration of an Old House" from Narvik Council.
Norum and his wife were very active in the local community and during two large
sporting occasions they played host to King Olav of Norway, in this very house.
the Second World War the house was occupied by the German Forces and was used
as an officers's mess for the higher ranking officers. The neighboring house
was also used as a mess for the junior officers.
Norumgården has three large rooms.Two of the rooms have fully equipped kitchens
with fridge, cooker and essential kitchen utensils. The rooms also come with
en-suite bathrooms, which have recently been decorated. All of the rooms are
tastefully furnished with antique ornaments and furniture.
All rooms have TV and radio.
rate, breakfast included 2012
guests occupying a room
rooms are nonsmoking!